Saturday, January 30, 2010

Perpetual Bachelor

Fortunately only few people follow my blog, so I feel safe being candid in this soliloquy. I wanted to get the thoughts out of my head about the infamous "dating/marriage" topic.

Maybe this will provide a release from the pressure I sometimes feel being a "perpetual bachelor at BYU!" Will they still give me my degree when I graduate in April, unmarried?!

Tonight, I had an enjoyable evening with 3 of my old roommates and their spouses. On my drive home I realized that I have had 8 roommates who are now married and 1 who is engaged!

Do I smell funny? Is it because of my white-trash car? So I don't have a lot of money. Do I lack the necessary marriage skills, such as: computer hacking skills, nun-chucking skills, and bow hunting skills?

25 years old! I am an old fart. I guess I have lost all of the RM swagger that I once had. Maybe, my mission president completely forgot to give it to me in my "going home" packet? I got screwed!

It isn't so much that others directly apply pressure on me to get married. I guess I mainly I feel the pressure coming from myself.

I often babysit my nephew and niece and I absolutely love it! I always leave having a desire to be a father! what's my deal? Why can't I convince some girl to get with the program?!

The difficult part is convincing a girl of my choice to get with the program. I'll get back to you if I ever figure out this part! Maybe its me that has to get with the program...

So, apparently I haven't come to any conclusions, but it was fun putting some thoughts down in a facetious tone. One of these days I'll catch my break! :)

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2010 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Cherise Burk said...

Troy! You are awesome! God knows what he's doing:) She's coming around soon-
Thanks for coming yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home